Here are some questions to help you get thinking about my poem
1) What is the setting of the story, and why was this setting chosen?
2) The opponent in the poem is unnamed. Any idea who this person can be?
3) What does the transition from day to night symbolize?
4) What does the handshake symbolize?
5) What does the game of chess symbolize? From this, what does the author mean by “the greatest chess player in the world”?
6) What deeper meaning does the fact that the speaker was winning initially have?
7) Lastly, what is the major theme here?
My next post I will answer these questions and possibly later I will write an analysis of my poem.